Hip Replacement Options
Total Hip Replacement procedures through WorldMed assist are high quality, affordable and convenient. You receive the benefit of our expertise and the compassion of our registered nurses as you receive care in the US or outside the US. We are affiliated with hospitals that are approved by JCAHO or the Joint Commission International (JCI) and associated with respected US medical institutions, including Johns Hopkins and Harvard Medical. Our case managers are registered nurses who consult with you to make certain all your concerns and questions are taken care of to your satisfaction.
Most importantly, we provide you with a personal touch from start until well after your return home.
Options for quality hip replacement procedures include:
- Total hip replacement in the U.S.
- Total hip replacement in India
- Total hip replacement in Belgium
- Total hip replacement in Turkey
- Total hip replacement in Mexico
We also provide information on costs:
What is Hip Replacement Surgery?
The purpose of total hip surgery is to remove the two damaged and worn parts of the hip joint – the hip socket, acetabulum, and the ball, femoral head – and replace them with smooth, artificial implants called prostheses, which will help make the hip strong, stable and flexible again. The hip implant is comprised of four parts that work together to restore the original function of your ball-and-socket joint:
- A metal hip stem that is inserted into the top of your thighbone
- A metal cup which holds the cup liner
- A cup liner which holds the femoral head
- The femoral head or ball which is attached to the hip stem and inserted into the liner to form the ball-and-socket joint
Hip implants are not one-size-fits-all, therefore your orthopedic surgeon will choose the right hip implant for your body. Your surgeon will determine which design options will work best together to restore accurate leg length, while minimizing risks of dislocation and premature implant wear. Read more..Hip Replacement Preparation
How It Works
No COST Consultations