Gastric Plication Surgery Options
Gastric Plication Surgery at low cost and high quality is now within reach through WorldMed Assist. Our nurses arrange all aspects of your treatment and will act as your patient advocate. We have partnerships with some of the best hospitals in the US and abroad: hospitals that are accredited (JCAHO/ Joint Commission International) and, if the hospitals are outside the US, have strategic relationships with renowned US medical institutions such as Johns Hopkins and Harvard Medical.
Most importantly, we provide you with a personal touch from start to finish.
Gastric surgery options include:
- Gastric Plication Surgery in the U.S.
- Gastric Plication Surgery in Mexico
We also provide information on costs:
What is Gastric Plication?
Gastric Plication, also known as Gastric Sleeve Plication, is the latest technology available in bariatric surgery and is an alternative to Gastric Sleeve Surgery. Unlike most other bariatric procedures, the Gastric Plication does NOT involve any cutting of the stomach! Gastric Plication is founded on the methodology of a gastric bypass sleeve procedure, but has many advantages over the sleeve gastrectomy. A gastric plication is performed via a laparoscope (a flexible fiber optic medical instrument) inserted through small incisions made in the abdomen. The laparoscope has a tiny camera affixed to the end which transmits video images the surgeon views throughout the procedure. The primary benefit of a laparoscopic procedure is that it is a minimally invasive surgical method. Unlike the sleeve gastrectomy, a gastric plication does not involve removal of gastrointestinal tissue. So what is the gastric sleeve? The “sleeve” is created by suturing folds in gastrointestinal tract with non-absorbable suture materials.
What are the benefits of a Gastric Plication?
- Gastric Sleeve Plication (or Gastro Bypass) is performed in ambulatory care and requires only two nights hospital stay
- Possibilities of leaks or bleeding at the staple line are eliminated
- Reduced risk of complications compared with other bariatric procedures
- Does not cause food intolerance
- No restrictions in food types
- Eradication of “dumping syndrome”, mild to severe symptoms that occur when undigested stomach contents enter the small intestine too rapidly, which may develop after surgical removal of gastrointestinal tissue.
- Weight loss at 6 to 12 months is comparable to gastric sleeve surgery
- Reversible of procedure with suture removal
Where is the Gastric Sleeve Plication Available?
Gastric sleeve plication is available to qualifying patients at INT Hospital, Tijuana, Mexico where surgery will be performed by Dr. Daniel Huacuz. Dr. Huacuz is a renowned bariatric surgeon who is very experienced in the gastric sleeve plication.
At this time, gastric sleeve plication is performed only in limited clinical trials in the United States.