Dr. Yash Gulati, Apollo Hospital, Delhi, India
Dr Yash Gulati is an orthopedic surgeon who performs both joint replacement/surgery as well as spine treatments at Apollo Hospital in Delhi, India.
- Senior Consultant in Division of Spine Surgery & Division of Joint Replacement, Orthopaedics, Apollo Hospital Delhi
- Honorary Consultant to Indian Armed Forces.
- Adjunct Professor, Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- Honorary Surgeon to Delhi Cricket Team.
Highlights of curriculum vitae
- Previously worked as Head of Orthopaedic Unit at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi and Locum Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at St. James Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
- Received Orthopaedic training in England and Republic of Ireland for more
- than 6 years.
- Did various courses and fellowships in USA, Germany, England, Brazil, Australia and Thailand.
- Joint Replacement.
- Minimal Access Spine Surgery.
Following are some of the highlights of my work related to Joint Replacement.
- I have been doing Joint Replacement Surgery for over 15 years ever since I started the same in England from 1988 and later in Dublin, Ireland up to 1994. Upon my return to India, this work was continued when I was Head of Orthopaedic Unit at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi and later Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Batra Hospital, New Delhi followed by Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Wrote a thesis on Revision of Hip Replacement in University of Liverpool, England in 1988.
- On teaching faculty of various conferences and workshops on Joint Replacement in India & various other locations.
- Invited to Indonesia for Golden Jubilee Orthopaedic Conference & I demonstrated Live, Total Knee Replacement and Total Hip Replacement there. This conference was graced by the presence of President of Indonesia.
- Demonstrated Knee Replacement Surgery Live in conferences in Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Amritsar etc.
- Organized conference and Hands on workshop on Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty & High Flex Total Knee Arthroplasty at Apollo Hospital, in March 2003. This was attended by approximately 150 delegates and included faculty from India and other countries
Following are some of the highlights of my work related to Spine Surgery
- Received highly specialized training in Spine Surgery in Dublin, Ireland & England.
- Introduced Endoscopic Microdiscectomy for Disc Prolapse in India for the first time.
- For correction of Scoliosis, when required 1st stage anterior surgery is done by minimally invasive keyhole technique using Thoracoscopy rather than open Thoracotomy method. Second stage surgery is done after a few days using modern spinal implants and intra-operative spinal cord monitoring. Patient is able to mobilize within 2 days of surgery.
- Organized number of workshops on Spine Surgery and have been on teaching faculty for number of conferences/workshops. My paper entitled “Why Anterior Approach to Spine” was awarded Best Paper Award in Annual Orthopaedic Conference in 1996 in New Delhi.
- Demonstrated Live Surgery related to spine fixation with Pedicle Screw Fixation in conferences held in Apollo hospital, New Delhi, India, Army Hospital, New Delhi and Bhopal, India.
- Performed Live Surgery “Microdiscectomy” in Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Associations held at Patna in January 2003.
- Invited to deliver prestigious Guest Lecture on “Management of Thoracolumbar Fractures” in Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association in 2003.
- Invited to deliver Guest lecture on “Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery” in Annual Conference of Uttar Pradesh Orthopaedic Association in 2003.