Dr. Toon Sonneville- Bariatic Surgeon, Belgium
Dr. Toon Sonneville specializes in minimally invasive bariatric surgery and metabolic disease treatment, along with general and oncological surgery.
Dr. Sonneville has given numerous lectures on bariatric surgery during the past decade and published multiple articles and contributions to books.
He teaches regularly throughout Europe and South Africa.
Dr. Sonneville has performed in excess of 1,000 bariatric surgeries.
Please view the following video of Dr. Sonneville, created when we visited Dr. Sonneville in person.
2000 – 2004 – Bariatric Surgery, Demdermonde
2000 – 2007 – General & Bariatric Surgeon, Staff Member
- Ghent University, Graduated in Medicine with Distinction, 1991
- Navy Staff Medical Officer (NATO), 1992
- Associated Teacher Anatomy, 1989
- Dr. L. Berwouts, Dienze, 1993
- Dr. W. Cornette, Zottegem, 1994 – 1995
- Dr. D. Claeys, Ghent, 1995 – 1996
- Professor Dr. B. de Hemptinne, Ghent, 1996 – 1998
- Dr. D. Claeys, Ghent, 1998 – 2000
- Emergency Treatment 1998 – 1998
- Radioprotection Certificate, 1998
- Royal Belgian Society of Surgery
- Internationl Hepato Pancreato Biliairy Association
- Bariatric Surgeons of Belgium
- Belgian Group of Endoscopic Surgeons
- Board Certified