Dr. Gilberto Ungson, CIMA Hospital, Hermosillo, Mexico- Duodenal Switch Surgery
Dr. Gilberto Ungson is widely considered the most experienced duodenal switch (DS) surgeon in Mexico, specializing in general surgery, with a sub-specialty in digestive surgery.
Education and Training:
- Graduated from the West Medical Center of IMSS, Guadalajara, Jalisco in 1990
- Training and development in Minimum Invasive Surgery since 1991, qualified in different surgical techniques in:
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Tucson Medical Center, Tucson, AZ
- Minimum Invasion Center of Surgery M. Gea Gonzalez Hospital, Mexico, DF
- Virgen de los Lirios Hospital, Alcoy Alicante, Spain
Surgery Professor on multiple National Courses – Laparoscopic Surgery, Obesity Surgery and Nutritional Support
Certified and Recertified by the Mexican Council of General Surgery, AC since the year 1990 Head of the Surgery services at CIMA Hospital HERMOSILLO 2000-2002
- Mexican Association of General Surgery, A.C.
- International Federation of Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Mexican Society of Obesity Surgery A.C.
- Professional Association of Surgeons of
- Sonora Medical Federation, A.C.
- Hermosillo Medical Professional Association